Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Golden Lily, Bloodlines, Book 2

Author: Richelle Mead
Year: 2012
Publisher:  Penguin Audio
Narrator:  Emily Shaffer

This is the second installment in Richelle Mead's Bloodlines series, the Vampire Academy spinoff. Book two finds Sydney Sage still at Amberwood with Jill, the Moroi princess, Eddie and Angelina (dhampirs) and, most importantly, Adrian. The group is trying to live a normal life among the rich kids at the boarding school but life is never simple with them. There's romance all around them - forbidden ones at that. Plus somebody is trying to kill Sonya. With all the people nosing around, keeping Jill's identity a secret is becoming harder than ever.

Great audiobook. Emily Shaffer did a wonderful job as always narrating. My only complaint is it takes so much longer to listen to an audiobook than it does to read the physical book. I found myself just sitting and listening because I couldn't wait to see what happens. I love the way Richelle Mead has the characters growing and developing. The chemistry between Sydney and Adrian just sizzles and I so hope they end up together. I'll cry if Adrian's heart gets broke again. Storywise, my only complaint was that it felt like it took a while for Mead to reveal what Sydney and the gang's "task" was going to be for this book but with all the conversations and stuff going on with Adrian, I didn't really mind.

Can't wait until the next book comes out but I've got to wait a whole year :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment