Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Evermore, The Immortals, Book 1

Author:  Alyson Noel
Year: 2009
Publisher:  St. Martin's Griffin
Pages:  301

Ever Bloom is the sole survivor of a car accident that kills her parents and her sister. After the accident, Ever can see people's auras, hear their thoughts and know their life story just by touching them. She recedes into herself to avoid human contact and avoid the noises of the world. Then, Damen Auguste transfers into her school. When Damen touches Ever, he mutes the world around her. Oh, and as if that wasn't enough, he's extremely gorgeous and wealthy. But Damen has a secret and Ever must figure out if Damen's secret is a danger to her and her friends.

I liked this story. It was just an easy read. As I was reading it, I thought the story might be going the Twilight way but it didn't. I'm not too sure about Ever as a character because I don't know for sure how strong she's going to be but I am enticed enough to read the second book and see what happens.

0 comments:

Post a Comment