Sunday, June 3, 2012

Fallen

Author:  Lauren Kate
Year: 2009
Publisher:  Delacorte Press

Luce Price is banished to the Sword & Cross boarding school which is most likened to a juvenile detention center where she meets the criminally handsome Daniel Grigori  - who wants nothing to do with Luce. Yet she finds she can't stay away from Daniel or his secrets. And that's as much as I'll say about the story for fear of giving away some of the plot (although I think from the title it's safe to assume angels are involved).

I started Fallen the first time about six months ago. I read the first 50 pages and stopped. I picked it back up today, skipped the first 50 pages and started reading, and kept reading until I finished the book. It went a lot better the second try. I wanted a quick and easy read and that's what I got. Lauren Kate does a really good job of partially out her information to where when the book ended, I wasn't really sure I'd learned anything except that Luce and Daniel loved each other. And all that mystery definitely makes me want to pick up Torment

0 comments:

Post a Comment