Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Death Cure, The Maze Runner Trilogy, Book 3

Author: James Dashner
Year: 2011
Publisher:  Delacorte Press
Pages: 305

I'm not really sure how to say what this book is about without giving away what happened in earlier books; so, just this once, I'm going to copy the Goodreads description:

Thomas knows that Wicked can't be trusted, but they say the time for lies is over, that they've collected all they can from the Trials and now must rely on the Gladers, with full memories restored, to help them with their ultimate mission. It's up to the Gladers to complete the blueprint for the cure to the Flare with a final voluntary test.
What Wicked doesn't know is that something's happened that no Trial or Variable could have foreseen. Thomas has remembered far more than they think. And he knows that he can't believe a word of what Wicked says.
The time for lies is over. But the truth is more dangerous than Thomas could ever imagine.
Will anyone survive the Death Cure?

I enjoyed this book (and the series as a whole). I liked seeing more of what happened to the world as a whole after the Flare. What life was like out in the real world and outside the test lab. There was a lot of action and a couple of good twists. I have to admit, I'm not too sure that I'm satisfied with the ending. It wasn't a bad ending. It  just wasn't the ending that I wanted. And that's all I'm going to say about that. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment