Friday, July 27, 2012

Under the Never Sky, Book 1

Author:  Veronica Rossi
Year: 2012
Publisher: HarperCollins
Pages:  372

Aria lives inside the dome of Reverie protected from the outside world which has become a dangerous place. There are aether storms that fry everything in their paths, dangerous people and animals and strange diseases. Then, one night something happens and Aria is banished from Reverie and left on her own in the outside. There she meets Perry. He's a Savage, a hunter for his tribe and her only hope of survival. Luckily, he needs Aria too as she can help him find redemption with his tribe.

So this was a stay up all night and read book. I couldn't put it down. I didn't want to put it down. I was worried when I started it with all the talk of the Realms which are digital representations of worlds that people inside the domes "live" in and "visit." I was afraid it was going to be like Ready Player One which was one of my favorite books and I knew there was no way Under the Never Sky could live up to that. Fortunately, the book did not take place in the Realms but in the real world. The book had really pacing. Rossi alternates between Aria and Perry's points of view and did a good job of it. I loved getting to see how both of them were thinking and what was motivating them. She also built a very realistic world. I can't wait to see what happens next.

I definitely recommend this book if you like dystopic/post-apocalyptic stories.

0 comments:

Post a Comment