Sunday, July 15, 2012

Before I Wake, Soul Screamers, Book 6

Author: Rachel Vincent
Year: 2012
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Narrator:  Amanda Ronconi

After the events of If I Die, Kaylee's life was forever changed. Now Kaylee has to juggle her new life, new job, school and relationships. And wouldn't it just be Kaylee's luck that her first assignment on her new job brings her face to face with someone she thought was gone. 

That's all I'm going to say on the plot of this story. What I will tell you is that I loved it. The tension was so high and I was fearful for the life of my favorite character (Tod). The story had great romance. Somehow Tod always knows the perfect thing to say and is such a romantic. There were times when my heart melted at the words spoken by Tod. 

We also get a lot of Kaylee dealing with inner struggles about her life, death, the way things ended with Nash. She's got a lot of guilt going on and she's trying to make things right but it's not easy for her. I think Vincent does a terrific job of writing Kaylee. She's an honest, caring and smart heroine and somebody that I can relate to. I understand Kaylee's need to take care of her family and friends. 

Amanda Ronconi does a great job narrating this series. I highly recommend it because it's fun, exciting, and romantic.


0 comments:

Post a Comment