Monday, July 2, 2012

Ruby Red, Edelstein Trilogie, Book 1

Author: Kerstin Gier
Year: 2011
Publisher: Square Fish
Pages: 322

Gwen has spent her life believing that the time traveling gene that runs through the female line in her family skipped over her and has been bestowed upon her cousin. So, when Gwen travels back in time, it's a big shock to her. She has no clue what to do, how to act or survive in the past. She gets inducted into the secret society her family belongs to and introduced to her time travel partner, Gideon who is an obnoxious know-it-all. Unfortunately for Gwen, he's also absolutely gorgeous.

I read this book in one sitting. I liked the premise, the time travel and the writing. I did feel like the author spent a lot of time building up the world and up to Gwen's introduction into the society and didn't give me enough actual time travel. I could tell that she was building up for a trilogy all along. I'm not particularly fond of that habit with authors but I'm willing to overlook it here because it was a really good book. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

0 comments:

Post a Comment