Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Immortal Rules: Blood of Eden, Book 1

Author:  Julie Kagawa
Year: 2012
Publisher:  Harlequin Teen

This is a dystopian novel where the world is ruled by vampires and humans are in the minority and struggling to survive extinction. Allie is one of those humans. She lives with her ragtag band on the outskirts of a vampire city scavenging for food. One night she and her friends are attacked and she must decide whether to die or become one of the monsters she despises. After she turns, Allie is forced to flee the city and teems up with a ragtag bunch of humans searching for Eden and tries to blend in with them and be human at the same time she is fighting her own desires. 

After reading a lot of fey stories that were absolutely horrible, I swore them off but I kept hearing so much good stuff about Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series that I gave them a shot and loved them. Now, I hadn't sworn off vampire stories but, if I had, Julie Kagawa would have given me hope in them again. Allie is a wonderful, kick-butt protagonist and I loved her. Zeke is a wonderful hero and so lovable. (Seems I'm loving the leading men a lot lately, doesn't it?). If you're burned out on vampire stories, give this one a try. It's different and the series has great potential. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment