Thursday, May 3, 2012

Abandon

Author: Meg Cabot
Year: 2011
Publisher:  Point

Pierce died when she was fifteen years old. Then she came back to life but not before traveling to the underworld and meeting John. After returning to life, Pierce has problems at her school and she and her mother move to Florida but her problems follow her there - including John. Logically, Pierce wants nothing to do with John but for some reason, she's drawn to him. 

Like The Goddess Test, this is the story of Persephone and Hades. Or at least that's what the back cover says but I never saw too much of the myth in the book. It started off kind of slow and I had a hard time figuring out where the story was going to go but it picked up towards the end and had a good finish. The romance was no where near as good as that in The Goddess Test or the action. Maybe if I hadn't read this book so close to The Goddess Test, I wouldn't be making the comparisons and would have enjoyed this one more but, unfortunately, I did and the comparisons are inevitable. I felt like this book didn't really start until about 70 pages from the end. I like Meg Cabot a lot and will definitely pick up the next book in the series. I just hope it picks up with the action and doesn't have a lot of build up.


0 comments:

Post a Comment