Thursday, January 9, 2014

Eleanor & Park

Author:  Rainbow Rowell
Year:  2013
Publisher:  St. Martin's Press
Pages:  325

Goodreads Description:
Set over the course of one school year in 1986, ELEANOR AND PARK is the story of two star-crossed misfits – smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try. When Eleanor meets Park, you’ll remember your own first love – and just how hard it pulled you under.

I enjoyed this book - a lot - but it wasn't quite what I was expecting. From everything I'd heard and read, I was expecting an epic love story that most likely would leave me in tears. Instead this was  more cute and bittersweet. Eleanor and Park are very believable characters. And this story was one of the most real romances I've read. This was also one of the best alternating viewpoint books I've read. All in all, this is a great read. It's just not the fantastic read I was expecting.


0 comments:

Post a Comment