Monday, April 23, 2012

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

Author: Stieg Larsson
Year:  2008
Publisher:  Vintage Books


I think I'm one of the last people in the world to finally break down and read these books. The Girl With a Dragon Tattoo was a perplexing start. The first 100-150 pages were extremely difficult to get through. It was complicated, difficult reading and I couldn't understand why so many people considered these to be the best books on the market today. Then, without even noticing it, I was caught up in the mystery and trying to solve it and the book was no longer difficult to read. I really like the main characters, Mikael Blomkvist and Lisabeth Salander and can't wait to see how their relationship evolves during the course of the series (although I fear that I'll be left hanging since Larsson had originally planned ten books before his death). 

I must warn readers that there are some very graphic and disturbing scenes in the book that might offend but if you can handle it, it's an excellent mystery story.

0 comments:

Post a Comment