Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

Author: Michelle Hodkin
Year: 2011
Publisher: Simon & Schuster


It seems like things couldn't get more difficult for Mara Dyer - she wakes up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there or of the accident that killed her friends including her best friend and boyfriend. But she feels responsible and knows there has to be more to the accident than everyone is telling her. Plus, things are happening to her now that seriously make Mara doubt her own sanity.  

This book alternated between being a creepy horror book and a straight up romance. There's not much of a way to write a synopsis of this book without giving away too much of the plot. So, I'll just say that it was a pretty good read. There were some really creepy spots, some good romantic spots, and some good dialogue. It wasn't the most awesome book I've read but it was a good book that I had to finish once I started if for no other reason than to find out if Mara was insane. The love interest was great. My favorite relationship in the book though was that of Mara and her older brother, Daniel. I thought he was great and I loved how he was always taking care of Mara and helping her. I found myself wishing I had a big brother just like him. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment