Monday, January 9, 2012

A Clash of Kings: Book Two of A Song of Ice and Fire

Author: George R.R. Martin
Year: 1999
Publisher: Bantam Books

I finally finished the second volume of A Game of Thrones!!!  Everybody knows what these books are about at this point so I'm not going to waste any time summarizing them. What I will say is that I don't know of any author that has continually frustrated me more than George R.R. Martin. When I'm reading the books, I'm completely drawn into the world, feeling the characters' emotions and loving the world he's built and then he goes and kills a character I love. When I finished the book, I didn't know whether to throw it at Martin or rush out and buy the third book. Since Martin's world doesn't intersect with mine, I guess I'll have to settle for buying the third book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment