Monday, January 2, 2012

Favorite Books of 2011

Hmm, so this one is kind of hard for me. I didn't read as many books in 2011 as I had intended to and, when I look back over my list, I don't know which books that I would consider my favorites of the year but I think I managed to narrow it down to these books (they're in the order that I read them):

  1. Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience & Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand - Such a terrific story. It read like fiction. 
  2. Divergent by Vericona Roth - I loved this book. I have recommended it to just about everybody I know. I want a Four.
  3. Graceling by Kristen Cashore - I can't believe I let this book sit in my TBR pile for so long. I'm so glad I finally read it. 
  4. A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin - It took me forever to read this book and I'm still stuck on book two. It was one of those books that I had a very hard time putting down but once I did, I didn't get real enthused about picking it back up. And when I picked it back up, I couldn't put it back down.
  5. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline - This was probably my favorite book of the year and definitely my favorite audiobook. I completely enjoyed it and could not put it down.
  6. Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini - I read this book in one sitting. 
  7. Matched by Ally Condie.
  8. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - this one has a big but beside it. I loved the audiobook. Jim Dale was terrific and completely drew me in and kept me listening but, I think that I wouldn't have been able to handle reading the book. I probably would have gave up on it but because I was listening to Jim Dale's narration, it makes the top ten list.
  9. All These Things I Have Done by Gabrielle Zevin.
  10. If I Die  by Rachel Vincent - I loved the turns this series took on this book. 
So, that's the books I really enjoyed this year. Wonder what's going to be my favorites for 2012.

0 comments:

Post a Comment