Sunday, January 15, 2012

Crossed

Author: Ally Condie
Year: 2011
Publisher:  Dutton Books

Crossed picks up after the events of Matched. Cassia is now making her way to the Outer Provinces trying to find Ky. In the course of her journeys, she learns about the Pilot and the Rising and begins to find hope in the future. Cassia sees a way out of the futile situation that she's trapped in but for some reason, Ky doesn't want to be a part of the Rising. 

This book switches viewpoints from Cassia to Ky and I'm not sure that I liked that. Condie didn't do as good of a job as Marie Lu did in Legend with the alternating viewpoints. Plus, I missed Xander. I'm really torn with this series to whether I like Ky or Xander best. Maybe in the third book one of the boys will do something to help me make my decision. Until then, I want more Xander in the books. Overall, I definitely enjoyed the book and am looking forward to the next one in the series. 

Author's website:  www.allycondie.com
Book's website: www.Matched-Book.com



0 comments:

Post a Comment