Sunday, December 1, 2013

Leviathan


Author:  Scott Westerfield
Series:  Leviathan, Book 1
Year:  2009
Publisher:  Simon & Schuster Audio
Narrator:  Alan Cumming

Goodreads Summary:

Prince Aleksander, would-be heir to the Austro-Hungarian throne, is on the run. His own people have turned on him. His title is worthless. All he has is a battletorn war machine and a loyal crew of men.
Deryn Sharp is a commoner, disguised as a boy in the British Air Service. She's a brilliant airman. But her secret is in constant danger of being discovered.
With World War I brewing, Alek and Deryn's paths cross in the most unexpected way…taking them on a fantastical, around-the-world adventure that will change both their lives forever.


This is one of those audiobooks that took me a bit of time to get in to the story; however, once I did I loved it and didn't want it to end. I liked the friendship that developed between Alek and Deryn and can't wait to see where it goes. The story has tons of mystery of intrigue. I liked how it is close to real history but just slightly different and that difference makes the world a blast. It's taken me forever to start these stories but I think I'll be listening to the rest of them fairly soon.


0 comments:

Post a Comment