Friday, December 27, 2013

Skin Walker

Author:  Faith Hunter
Series:  Jane Yellowrock, Book 1
Year: 2009
Publisher:  Audible Frontiers
Narrator:  Khristine Hvam

Goodreads Description:
Jane Yellowrock is the last of her kind - a skinwalker of Cherokee descent who can turn into any creature she desires and hunts vampires for a living. But now she's been hired by Katherine Fontaneau, one of the oldest vampires in New Orleans and the madam of Katie's Ladies, to hunt a powerful rogue vampire who's killing other vamps.

What a novel idea for a vampire novel. I loved the idea of a shapeshifter that hunts vampires. At times, this is story showed real potential but for the most part, I just didn't connect with the story. Really, I didn't connect with Jane Yellowrock which is a real shame because I can see what the books could be. Maybe one day I'll give some of the other stories a try if Audible puts them on sale cheap or if I find them in an used book store cheap but I won't be jumping to read them.


0 comments:

Post a Comment