Friday, November 29, 2013

What We Talk About When We Talk About Love: Stories



Author:  Raymond Carver

Year: 1989
Publisher:  Vintage Contemporaries
Pages:  159

Goodreads Summary:

In his second collection of stories, as in his first, Carver's characters are peripheral people--people without education, insight or prospects, people too unimaginative to even give up. Carver celebrates these men and women.

Raymond Carver is a master storyteller. He writes these super short stories that are packed with intrigue and feelings. In less time that you can imagine, Carver made me connect with his characters and then he always had these twists that made me read it again just to wrap my head around what happened. The title story, What We Talk About When We Talk About Love, is one of the best short stories I've read. This collection of stories made a great last read of the night each night before I went to bed. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment