Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Sunken Treasure: Wil Wheaton's Hot Cocoa Box Sampler


Author:  Wil Wheaton
Year: 2009
Publisher:  Monolith Press
Pages:  84

Goodreads Summary:
Sunken Treasure is a short collection of some of my favorite pieces from my books and blog, including a production diary from my 2008 role in Criminal Minds, and excerpts from a collaborative fiction I took part in called Ficlets. As a bonus feature, it also includes the never-before-seen script to a sketch I wrote and performed at the ACME Comedy Theater.
If you ever wanted to know where to start with all my writing, Sunken Treasure is the book for you.

This book is a collection of excerpts from Wil Wheaton's various writings. My initial reaction when I was reading this was that it was like sitting around listening to my friends talk. It was great fun and made me feel connected to him. He doesn't take on any pretensions, has no fear of making fun of himself and he's just plain funny. I am definitely going to be picking up some of his other books in the future. If you're the least little bit of a geek, you definitely should read this. And if you're not a geek, you still should probably read it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment