Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Succubus Blues


Author:  Richelle Mead
Series:  Georgina Kincaid, Book 1
Year:  2007
Publisher:  Audible Frontiers
Narrator:  Elisabeth Rodgers

Goodreads Summary:
When it comes to jobs in hell, being a succubus seems pretty glamorous. A girl can be anything she wants, the wardrobe is killer, and mortal men will do anything just for a touch. Granted, they often pay with their souls, but why get technical?
But Seattle succubus Georgina Kincaid's life is far less exotic. At least there's her day job at a local bookstore--free books; all the white chocolate mochas she can drink; and easy access to bestselling, sexy writer, Seth Mortensen, aka He Whom She Would Give Anything to Touch but Can't.
But dreaming about Seth will have to wait. Something wicked is at work in Seattle's demon underground. And for once, all of her hot charms and drop-dead one-liners won't help because Georgina's about to discover there are some creatures out there that both heaven and hell want to deny.

So I'm a huge Richelle Mead fan and after hearing about these books for forever, I decided to break down and start listening to them. I enjoyed this first book. Georgina is my kind of woman. She's powerful, smart, thinks for herself, works in a bookstore, relishes her books like a good meal. The guys were super-sexy and wonderful. And I know I could definitely fall for the sexy writer.

But I'm not sure I'm sold on this series yet. The story drug in a couple of places. Also, I figured out the bad guy halfway through the book. I kept thinking that surely Mead was going to pull a twist at the end and make this person not be the bad guy but she didn't. In all honesty, if I didn't already own the second audiobook, I'm not sure that I would be that pressed to continue the series. But I do have the second book so I will give the series one more shot. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment