Monday, January 28, 2013

The Selection


Author: Keira Cass
Series:  The Selection, Book 1
Publisher: Harper Audio
Narrator:  Amy Rubinate
Year: 2012

Goodreads Description:

For 35 girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime: the opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth... to be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels... to live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.
But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her, leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want, and living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.
Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself - and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.




I enjoyed this audiobook a lot  more than I had intended to. I wasn't completely sold on the idea of this book that sounded an awful lot like The Bachelor. And it was a lot like The Bachelor with a little of The Hunger Games mixed in. At first, I didn't feel much for America and thought she was a bit weak but then, as the the story went on, America found her backbone, started thinking for herself and became quite likable. I'll go ahead and say right now, I don't care for Aspen and I'm  hoping that Prince Maxon wins this game.  

This is the first audiobook that I remember listening to narrated by Amy Rubinate and she did a very good job. I'll definitely keep my eye out for her in the future. 

I hated where this book ended and can't wait to read The Elite later this year.


0 comments:

Post a Comment