Thursday, February 7, 2013

Lola and the Boy Next Door


Author: Stephanie Perkins
Year: 2011
Publisher: Dutton Books
Pages: 338

Goodreads Description:

Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion...she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit--more sparkly, more fun, more wild--the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.

When Cricket--a gifted inventor--steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.

So now I've read two Stephanie Perkins books and I absolutely loved both of them. I think that she's one of those authors who I am going to read everything she ever writes. I realize that they're just cute little romance stories but they're so good. The heroines are lovable and relatable and the guys are just perfect. I fell in love with Cricket while reading this story. He was everything I would want in a guy. On top of that, Anna and St. Clair were in the story! It was so great getting to see more of those two characters and seeing them doing well and prospering in San Francisco. Truth be told, I wouldn't mind a sequel or a just a little novella telling me more about Anna and St. Clair and their life post Anna and the French Kiss. But back to Lola and the Boy Next Door, I loved it. It didn't touch all the same chords that Anna did but it was great and it hit a couple of different chords with me. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment