Thursday, February 14, 2013

Eona: The Last Dragoneye


Author:  Allison Goodman
Series:  Eon, Book 2
Year:  2011
Publisher:  Brilliance Audio
Narrator:  Nancy Wu

Goodreads Description:

Eon has been revealed as Eona, the first female Dragoneye in hundreds of years. Along with fellow rebels Ryko and Lady Dela, she is on the run from High Lord Sethon's army. The renegades are on a quest for the black folio, stolen by the drug-riddled Dillon; they must also find Kygo, the young Pearl Emperor, who needs Eona's power and the black folio if he is to wrest back his throne from the selfstyled "Emperor" Sethon. Through it all, Eona must come to terms with her new Dragoneye identity and power - and learn to bear the anguish of the ten dragons whose Dragoneyes were murdered. As they focus their power through her, she becomes a dangerous conduit for their plans. . . .

Eona, with its pulse-pounding drama and romance, its unforgettable fight scenes, and its surprises, is the conclusion to an epic only Alison Goodman could create.

Alright, so I loved Eona. It had been a while since I'd read Eon but it didn't take long for me to get back into the story and remember who was who and what was going on. I was completely sucked into the triangle between Eona, Kygo and Ido. I felt Eona's confusion over what she should do but this was also the one thing that I disliked. To me, Eona was always so undecided and I just wished she'd hurry up and make up her mind. But, the awesomeness of the story overrode that problem. It's a completely unique fantasy set in a different land. The magic is awe-inspiring and the characters are all terrific and well-developed. I mean, I was even feeling the bad guy (Ido not Sethon). 

Nancy Wu does a wonderful job narrating this story. It's a long listen but I highly recommend it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment