Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Evolution of Mara Dyer

Author:  Michelle Hodkin
Series:  Mara Dyer Trilogy, Book 2
Year: 2012
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Pages: 527

Goodreads Synopsis:

Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past.
She can’t.
She used to think her problems were all in her head.
They aren’t.
She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets.
She’s wrong.
In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?


In my world, how great a book is is defined by how long it takes me to read it and whether I was able to do anything else while reading it (you know - like sleep). Luckily, I started The Evolution of Mara Dyer first thing on a Sunday morning. Otherwise, I would have stayed up all night reading it. There is no doubt about that. I read it straight through on a Sunday and did not stop for anything. I tuned out the whole world because I was entranced by this story. Most of the time, I can figure out where a story is going to go but that just doesn't happen with these books. Hodkin is a master at storytelling and keeping her endgame hidden from the reader. I've got no clue where she's going with Mara and Noah but I can't wait to find out. Speaking of Noah, he is one of the best book boyfriends ever. I absolutely love  him. 

On a side note, I have formed a really terrific theory (in my humble opinion) based solely on my reader of Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamer series. I'm probably way off but I sure can expound on that theory until the final book comes out next year. 

I definitely recommend this series although I might suggest waiting until closer to publication of the final book next year because you won't like the ending.


0 comments:

Post a Comment