Thursday, November 22, 2012

Eternal Kiss of Darkness


Author:  Jeaniene Frost
Series:  Night Huntress World, Book 2
Year: 2010
Publisher: Blackstone Audio
Narrator:  Tavia Gilbert

Goodreads Summary:

Chicago private investigator Kira Graceling should have just kept on walking. But her sense of duty refused to let her ignore the moans of pain coming from inside a warehouse just before dawn. Suddenly she finds herself in a world she's only imagined in her worst nightmares.

At the center is Mencheres, a breathtaking Master vampire who thought he'd seen it all. Then Kira appears, this fearless, beautiful . . . human who braved death to rescue him. Though he burns for her, keeping Kira in his world means risking her life. Yet sending her away is unthinkable.
But with danger closing in, Mencheres must choose either the woman he craves, or embracing the darkest magic to defeat an enemy bent on his eternal destruction.



I think it's safe to say that I'm addicted to these books. Lord knows what I'm going to do when I run out of Night Huntress books to read. I can be listening to perfectly good audiobooks and I just keep thinking that there's still Night Huntress books that I haven't listened to yet. But to this book in particular, it was great. I loved seeing another side of the emotionless and stoic Mencheres that we'd seen so far in the other books. In this book, Mencheres falls hard and fast for Kira and we get to see his walls come down. We also get to see/hear what's in his head and his thoughts are anything but emotionless. And Kira is a terrific main character. She's strong and thinks things out. She refuses to be swayed from her beliefs by something that's misleading. 

This was a very good story. I liked the narrator much better in this book than I do in the Cat and Bones stories. I think that's mostly because she wasn't screwing up Mencheres' voice the way she does Bones'.

I do have to admit, though, I will be glad to get back to a book starring Cat and Bones. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment