Thursday, September 13, 2012

Kill Shakespeare, Volume 1



Authors:  Conor McCreery and Anthony Del Col
Publisher: IDW Publishing
Year: 2010
Pages: 148 pages

Goodreads Summary:

What Fables does for fairy tales, Kill Shakespeare does with the greatest writer of all time. This dark take on the Bard pits his greatest heroes (Hamlet, Juliet, Othello Falstaff) against his most menacing villains (Richard III, Lady Macbeth, Iago) in an epic adventure to find and kill a reclusive wizard named William Shakespeare.

What I Thought:

I thought this was a very interesting idea - taking Shakespeare's characters and putting them in a world where they're fighting a war. When I heard about it, my first thought was of The Unwritten graphic novels and if you've read  my prior reviews, you know I love those. Kill Shakespeare doesn't have quite the magic that The Unwritten stories do and doesn't seem to have as much thought put into the story but it is pretty entertaining. The panes got confusing a couple of times and that took away from the flow of the story. I am curious to see where it goes and if it lives up to the potential.


0 comments:

Post a Comment