Sunday, September 16, 2012

Halfway to the Grave: Night Huntress, Book 1



Author:  Jeaniene Frost
Publisher: Blackstone Audio
Year: 2010
Narrator:  Tavia Gilbert

Goodreads Summary:
Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father--the one responsible for ruining her mother's life. Then she's captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unholy partnership.
In exchange for finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She's amazed she doesn't end up as his dinner--are there actually "good" vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn't have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her newfound status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side . . . and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.

What Did I Think?
 
I enjoyed this audiobook a lot. The story was a lot of fun and I absolutely adored Bones. He was amazing! The way he was so understanding of all of Cat's hangups and so easily professed his love. I could have fallen in love with him. I had to work up a liking to Cat though. She kept herself apart from everybody and the way the book was written kind of kept her apart from the reader and slowly opened her up and made her likable. 

My biggest gripe in the book comes in the audiobook portion. The narrator was good but for some reason, the voice she gave Bones had a bit of a feminine hint to me and I just had a hard time reconciling the big bad tough vampire with that effeminate voice. Eventually, I just started imaging it was a deeper voice in my head.

Be forewarned, this book is more paranormal romance than urban fantasy and heavy on the romance. But if you like some cheesy romance, this is a great no thinking required read.



0 comments:

Post a Comment