Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Anniversary Day: A Retrieval Artist Novel, Book 8


Author: Kristine Kathryn Rusch
Publisher: Audible Frontiers
Narrator: Jay Snyder
Year: 2001

Goodreads Summary:
Four years ago, a bomb destroyed part of the dome protecting Armstrong, the largest city on the Moon. Now, as the city celebrates its survival with an event it calls Anniversary Day, a larger threat looms - one that begins with the murder of the mayor, and spreads across the moon itself.
Even with every new technological device at her disposal, Moon Security Chief Noelle DiRicci can't stay ahead of the unfolding disaster. As the situation gets worse, Retrieval Artist Miles Flint hurries to his daughter's school to protect her. And Detective Bartholomew Nyquist finds himself in the middle of everything, from that first bombing to the Anniversary Day crisis itself.

My Opinion: 

Truth be told, I'd forgotten this series was out there. I went on a binge a couple of years ago and listened to every audiobook there was in the series and then just forgot about it. As I listened to this book, it kept coming back to me just how much I loved listening to them before. The characters are terrific and there's not just one that I love. Yeah, sure, Miles Flint is wonderful but Noelle DiRicci and Nyquist and Talia are wonderful characers. Rusch does a terrific job of switching back and forth between viewpoints and it never feels wrong. Jay Snyder is a terrific narrator. I didn't feel like any of the voices were off and ingenuine. I just wish there was another Retrieval Artist book out there.



0 comments:

Post a Comment