Monday, June 9, 2014

Moon Called

Author:  Patricia Briggs
Series:  Mercy Thompson, Book 2
Year:  2006
Publisher:  Penguin
Pages:  288

Goodreads Summary:
Mercedes "Mercy" Thompson is a talented Volkswagen mechanic living in the Tri-Cities area of Washington. She also happens to be a walker, a magical being with the power to shift into a coyote at will. Mercy's next-door neighbor is a werewolf. Her former boss is a gremlin. And she's fixing a bus for a vampire. This is the world of Mercy Thompson, one that looks a lot like ours but is populated by those things that go bump in the night. And Mercy's connection to those things is about to get her into some serious hot water.

Now this is how a shifter novel should be done. I adored this story. It was impossible to put down. The characters are perfectly drawn. Mercy is a terrific main character. She's got spunk and smarts and good sense. Thompson built a great world and gave me just enough information to get me hooked but left questions out there for future novels. I can't wait to get more of these books in my hands and keep following this world. I even noticed that the audiobooks are narrated by Lorelei King (who is my absolute favorite) so I might just listen to some on audio.


0 comments:

Post a Comment