Sunday, June 29, 2014

Attachments

Author:  Rainbow Rowell
Year:  2011
Publisher:  Brilliance Audio
Narrator:  Laura Hamilton

Goodreads Summary:
Beth Fremont and Jennifer Scribner-Snyder, coworkers at The Courier, know the newspaper monitors their office e-mail. But they still spend all day sending each other messages, gossiping about their coworkers, and baring their personal lives like an open book. Jennifer tells Beth everything she can’t seem to tell her husband about her anxieties over starting a family. And Beth tells Jennifer everything, period. Meanwhile, Lincoln O’Neill still can’t believe that it’s his job to monitor other people’s e-mail.

      This book was so much fun. I loved the friendship between Beth and Jennifer. Their emails back and forth were so much fun and, I must admit, they reminded me a lot of my friends and I. And the idea that someone could be reading our emails - AAACK! But Lincoln was all kinds of perfect and I would love to find my own Lincoln. The atmosphere and feel of this audiobook reminded me so much of You've Got Mail and Sleepless in Seattle. Rainbow Rowell could definitely be the successor to Nora Ephron in the romantic comedy field.


0 comments:

Post a Comment