Monday, May 20, 2013

The Twelve


Author:  Justin Cronin
Series: The Passage, Book 2
Publication Date: October 16, 2012
Publisher:  The Random House Publishing Group
Pages:  564

Goodreads Synopsis:
At the end of The Passage, the great viral plague had left a small group of survivors clinging to life amidst a world transformed into a nightmare. In the second volume of this epic trilogy, this same group of survivors, led by the mysterious, charismatic Amy, go on the attack, leading an insurrection against the virals: the first offensives of the Second Viral War.
To do this, they must infiltrate a dozen hives, each presided over by one of the original Twelve. Their secret weapon: Alicia, transformed at the end of book one into a half human, half viral—but whose side, in the end, is she really on?

I took this book to the beach with me. Yeah, I know, not exactly the definition of a "beach read" but it was just what I needed. I ended up spending the entire day with my nose stuck in this book dying to find out what was going to happen with the characters. I loved the way that Cronin recapped what had happened in the prior book. I found this very unique. I was disappointed that he introduced so many new characters. I felt like we had plenty of characters from the first book. In the end, he tied everybody together nicely.  This is one of my favorite series of books and I highly recommend them.


0 comments:

Post a Comment