Friday, April 19, 2013

Boneshaker



Author:  Cherie Priest
Series:  The Clockwork Century, Book 1
Publisher: Tor Books
Publication Date: September 29, 2009
Pages:  414

Goodreads Summary:
Cherie Priest's much-anticipated steampunk debut has finally arrived in the form of a paperback original. Its plot features the sort of calibrated suspense that readers of her Four and Twenty Blackbirds would expect. Boneshaker derives its title from the Bone-Shaking Drill Engine, a device designed to give Russian prospectors a leg up in the race for Klondike gold. Unfortunately, there was one hitch: On its trial run, the Boneshaker went haywire and, long story short, turned much of Seattle into a city of the dead. Now, 16 years later, a teenage boy decides to find out what is behind that mysterious wall. Can his mother save him in time? Zombie lit of the first order.

So, this steampunk zombie book was a rollicking adventure and I enjoyed every minute of it. I kinda went in to it blind. I knew that it was a popular steampunk book and since I was wanting to read more steampunk, I just bought it. Imagine my surprise when zombies showed up in the story!  But that's OK because it was a great story. I liked the alternative history. I loved Briar Wilkes. I thought she was a very strong woman and I'd like to see more of her story and what happened to her after this book.  I'll definitely be picking up the rest of the series.


0 comments:

Post a Comment