Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Black Box


Author: Michael Connelly
Series: Harry Bosch, Book 18
Year: 2012
Publisher: Hachette Audio
Narrator:  Michael McConnohie

Goodreads Description:
In a case that spans 20 years, Harry Bosch links the bullet from a recent crime to a file from 1992, the killing of a young female photographer during the L.A. riots. Harry originally investigated the murder, but it was then handed off to the Riot Crimes Task Force and never solved.
Now Bosch's ballistics match indicates that her death was not random violence, but something more personal, and connected to a deeper intrigue. Like an investigator combing through the wreckage after a plane crash, Bosch searches for the "black box," the one piece of evidence that will pull the case together.

This is another solid entry in the Harry Bosch series. I always look forward to these books. I think Connelly is a brilliant crime writer and I love the way he does the one thing that I feel many series crime writers fail to do: he lets Harry grow and change emotionally. The Harry Bosch in book 18 is way different than the Harry Bosch of book 1. And I love Harry. 

But Hachette Audio did through me for a loop here. They changed narrators on me and I so loved Len Cariou so I was not happy with the narrator change at first. But, turns out, Michael McConnohie is pretty good. I ended up being just fine with the narrator.

If you're looking for a good crime series, I suggest giving these books a try.


0 comments:

Post a Comment