Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Masque of the Red Death



Author: Bethany Griffin
Series: Masque of the Red Death, Book 1
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Year: 2012
Pages:  319

Goodreads Synopsis:

Everything is in ruins.

A devastating plague has decimated the population, and those who are left live in fear of catching it as the city crumbles around them.
So what does Araby Worth have to live for?
Nights in the Debauchery Club, beautiful dresses, glittery makeup . . . and tantalizing ways to forget it all.
But in the depths of the club--in the depths of her own despair--Araby will find more than oblivion. She will find Will, the terribly handsome proprietor of the club, and Elliott, the wickedly smart aristocrat. Neither is what he seems. Both have secrets. Everyone does.
And Araby may find not just something to live for, but something to fight for--no matter what it costs her.



Around page 50, I was talking to my sister about this book and telling her that this book better pick up soon or I might quit on it. (There's just way too many books in my stack for my to waste my time on a book I'm not enjoying). A little bit later, I was on page 103 and I knew I was going to be up until I finished the book. Somewhere in between, the action and story had caught up and got to going good and I was loving it. The mystery is so convoluted in this book. What is the plague? How did it come to be? Who can be trusted? Who can't be trusted? (And the answer to that question will surprise you). When I finished Masque of the Red Death, I was ready to start the next book. So I say give this book a try and STICK IT OUT! I know it starts off slow but it definitely picks up and is not the same old story that's being told over and over. It's new and refreshing.



0 comments:

Post a Comment