Saturday, February 25, 2012

One Day

Author: David Nicholls
Year: 2009
Publisher:  Vintage Books

Dexter and Emma meet the night of the their college graduation and have a fling. And although they're both mad for each other, they spends years being "just friends." This book follows their lives together and where they're at on the same day each year for twenty years. 

I told one of my friends that this book is like reading British TV. There's smoking, drinking, some drugs and lots of sex. So much time passed in the novel and we saw so much of the character's lives yet it was like little glimpses because each chapter was just one day in one year. I wanted the characters to get on with it already. I liked the characters and wanted them to get together and then at the end I felt a bit cheated. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment