Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Fault in Our Stars

Author: John Green
Year: 2012
Publisher: Dutton Books


Hazel has terminal cancer and, although a miracle drug has given her some extra years, Hazel knows she doesn't have long to live. Her mother forces her to attend a cancer support group for teens where Hazel meets Augustus Waters and he changes her life. Augustus is gorgeous, brilliant, funny and he completely changes Hazel's life.

It's been three days since I finished reading this book and I still can't pick it up without crying. But the book wasn't all depressing and tears. It was very funny. This book defines laughing through your tears. The dialogue was sharp and witty and the characters were lovable. The supporting cast even spouted words of wisdom:
"Always was a promise! How can you just break the promise?"
"Sometimes people don't understand the promises they're making when they make them," I said.
Isaac shot  me a look. "Right, of course. But you keep the promise anyway. That's what love is. Love is keeping the promise anyway."
If I could, I'd quote the entire book, but I can't so I'll just say read the book. It's great but make sure you have plenty of kleenex with you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment