Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Pretties

So, I just finished reading Pretties by Scott Westerfeld.  I think it just might have been better than Uglies, book one in the series.  In this book, Tally has become a pretty.  She has everything she ever wanted - beauty, fun clothes, a boyfriend, and the world at her fingertips.  Tally is very popular because of her previous life of crime with the Rusties.  But, underneath it all, Tally feels like something is missing. She gets even more confused when her memories of her time in the Smoke start coming back to her and she begins to feel a longing for that life.  This book was very engrossing.  Every time I was forced to put it down because my lunch hour was over or it was time to go to bed, I felt a slight sense of loss.  Why, oh why, didn't I go ahead and put the next book on hold with the library?

0 comments:

Post a Comment