Sunday, August 11, 2013

A Darkness Strange and Lovely


Author:  Susan Dennard
Series:  Something Strange & Deadly, Book 2
Year: 2013
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages:  406

Goodreads Summary:
Following an all-out battle with the walking Dead, the Spirit Hunters have fled Philadelphia, leaving Eleanor alone to cope with the devastating aftermath. But there’s more trouble ahead—the evil necromancer Marcus has returned, and his diabolical advances have Eleanor escaping to Paris to seek the help of Joseph, Jie, and the infuriatingly handsome Daniel once again. When she arrives, however, she finds a whole new darkness lurking in this City of Light. As harrowing events unfold, Eleanor is forced to make a deadly decision that will mean life or death for everyone.

I loved Something Strange and Deadly last year. It was one of my favorite books. So, how was it that when A Darkness Strange and Lovely arrived on my doorstep I didn't jump to immediately read it? I guess that somehow in the time between, I forgot just how much I had loved the prior book. I took Something Strange and Deadly to a bubble bath with me. An hour and a half later, I was still sitting there reading even though the water was cold, my bubbles were gone, and my toes looked like raisins. I absolutely loved this book. Eleanor is one of my favorite heroines. I like that although she knows she loves Daniel, she's more than capable of moving on and being by herself and isn't afraid too. Or if she is, she's not afraid to face her fears. She listens to advice from others but still makes her own decisions. 

I had hit a bit of a reading slump but as soon as I picked up this book, the slump ended. I'm all excited about reading again.


0 comments:

Post a Comment