Sunday, August 12, 2012

Paths Not Taken, Nightside Book 5

Author:  Simon R. Green
Year: 2008
Publisher: Ace (listed to Audible Edition)
Narrator: Marc Vietor

In the last Nightside book, John Taylor learned that his mother is Lilith of Biblical decent and that she created the Nightside - - and that she intends to destroy it. In Paths Not Taken, Taylor decides to travel back in time with the help of Father Time to stop Lilith. Susie Shooter and Tommy Oblivion go along for the ride. Fortunately for the reader, Taylor and company have a little problem going all the way back to the beginning of the Nightside and end up doing a little tour of history. 

This is a good addition to the Nightside series. I am always impressed with Green's ability to play on words and fiddle with history just a bit. I'm not too sure how I feel about this series become more of a mythology series than a Taylor solving the most recent mystery series. I feel now that it becomes imperative that each book be read in order and that I understand what's happening with all the characters because I might miss something in future books. 

Marc Vietor is a wonderful narrator and I hope to listen to more of his work in the future. If you want some good, easy fantasy books to listen to during your commute or while working around the house, I'd recommend the Nightside series.

0 comments:

Post a Comment