Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Iron King: The Iron Fey, Book One

Author: Julie Kagawa
Year:  2010
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Website: www.juliekagawa.com

Meghan Chase's little brother is kidnapped by fey and replaced by a changeling child. Meghan has to travel into the Nevernever to save her brother. There Meghan learns that nothing in her life is really what she thought it was. Her father is actually a faerie king. Her best friend, Puck, is the king's trickster who was protecting Meghan in the human world. Meghan also learns that the mysterious stranger who she had spotted several times in the human world is Ash - a prince of the winter court and her real father's enemy. But the danger doesn't stop there. Turns out, the fey kidnapped her brother are a new breed. They're made of iron and plan to take over the Nevernever and destroy it. 

I was surprised at how much I had enjoyed this book. I've read several book about fey and have not been impressed with them. The stories are all the same and fairly lackluster at that. I heard Julie Kagawa in an interview and she intrigued me so I decided to give her books a try. I'm glad a did. I look forward to reading the rest of this series.



2 comments:

  1. OMG! I love love love this series! I'm Team Ash all the way. I don't know what it is about his icy exterior that I just love, but he is all warm on the inside for sure! Such a great series. I'm glad there were so many books, and I loved the 2 novellas. It was nice to get a taste while waiting for the next book to come out. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I was very surprised at how much I loved the first book. Hopefully, I'll get the rest of the series for Christmas ;)

    ReplyDelete