Sunday, August 29, 2010

Shiver

I have to admit, I didn't exactly know what I was getting into when I started this book. I just really liked the cover. In short, this story is about a girl named Grace who falls in love with a guy named Sam. The problem? He's a werewolf and every winter, as the temperature drops, he changes to a wolf. Even bigger problem? This is his last year as a human. 

This was a really good book. The two main characters are very well developed and Maggie Stiefvater does a good job of conveying their emotions. She switches back and forth between Sam and Grace's thoughts but it's not difficult to follow because each chapter is labeled with the name of the person whose point of view the story comes from. Plus, it was really nice to read a werewolf book that (1) had no vampires and (2) the werewolf didn't lose the girl to the vampire.

1 comments:

  1. Nice review! I had picked this up because of all the talk about it, but never cracked the spine. I think you're right, that the book has no vampires is a nice change of pace after all the vampire/werewolf stories out there. OK, guess you've convinced me to start reading..

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete