Friday, January 15, 2010

Fragile Eternity

Fragile Eternity continues Melissa Marr's stories of Faerie that began with Wicked Lovely. The third book in the series, it moves back to focus on the triangle between Aislinn, Seth and Keenan; although this time, it's all about Seth. Seth loves Aislinn but he realizes that he is mortal and she is Faerie which means that he'll die and she'll live for eternity. As summer grows nearer, Aislinn's bond with Keenan, her summer king, continues to grow. Seth can't stand the thought of being without Aislinn or of losing her to Keenan so he sets out to seek immortality for himself. But what will he have to give in exchange for an eternity with Aislinn?

What can I say? These books are very enjoyable. They're fun, enchanting reads. It's easy to relate to the characters. I love both Seth and Keenan and can't really make a choice between the two. I keep thinking I'm going to hate Keenan and then he does something wonderful. Should I doubt his motives?  And Seth, well, he's the super-sexy, faithful guy that every girl wants.  I'm even drawn to the characters of the Dark Court. I keep thinking there's going to be something done that redeems Naill, Donia and Sorcha to where everybody can live together happily ever after. Actually, I think Naill is probably my favorite character in the story - there's something intriguing and alluring about him. Maybe he'll turn out to be the true hero of the story.

Book 2 in the 101 Fantasy Challenge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment