Friday, April 27, 2012

Seeds of Rebellion: Beyonders, Book 2

Author:  Brandon Mull
Year: 2012
Publisher:  Aladdin

At the end of the first book, A World Without Heroes, Jason is sent back to our world with knowledge that is vital to the rebellion back in Lyrian. Now, Jason has to find his way back to Lyrian so that he can help his friends. Once he gets back to Lyrian, Jason and his friends set off to defeat Maldor.

This is one of the most creative and original fantasy series that I've read in a long time. It's also a very tight story line. I read somewhere that Brandon Mull spent somewhere around ten years working on these books and I can see that. A lot of the books today are put together real fast and it feels like the author has no sense of where he's going to end up. In the Beyonders books,  I feel like Mull has a clear and distinct destination in  mind and knows how he's going to take us there. Excellent, excellent books. I highly recommend them. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment