Sunday, July 10, 2011

Thirteen Reasons Why

Author: Jay Asher
Year: 2007
Publisher: razorbill
Website:  www.thirteenreasonswhy.com 

Clay Jensen finds a shoebox with seven cassette tapes in it on his front doorstep. When he starts listening to them, Hannah Baker's voice tells him that if he's listening to these tapes, then he's one of the thirteen reasons why she committed suicide. Hannah tells him that he must listen to the tapes to find out why he is on her list and then forward the tapes to the person behind him on the list. Clay's dumbstruck. Why was he a reason that Hannah committed suicide? He had a crush on her! Through the night, Clay keeps listening. 

Again, another wonderful and emotional YA novel. I don't know how this book stayed off my radar until it came out in paperback. It's terrific. I was impressed with Jensen's use of the dual narration (not many authors could pull this off). Once I started this book, I couldn't stop reading. I had to keep going and find out who all was on Hannah's list and what did Clay do to Hannah that led to her suicide?
Very good read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment